Publicist Heather Burgett running the PR and red carpet at Cipriani’s Wall Street in NYC for the
US Doctors for Africa Fundraiser.
Heather Burgett’s Programs are for Consultants and Creatives who Want to Go from Unknown to Global Superstar
Imagine the success you’ll have with an intuitive PR expert
by your side sharing:
* Actionable Strategies
* Step-by-Step Guidance
Together, we will create a buzz about your business,
elevate your reputation in your industry, and
generate more raving fans and clients!
pr stars founder heather burgett is a pr expert who can help you get your story out there in a way it has never been seen before.
“I teach others how to shine their light in the world. When we highlight our signature gifts, that’s when we create compelling stories, capture headlines and win a global audience.”
I’m excited to share 20 years of public relations experience to empower soulful consultants and creatives to tell their stories to the world.
Originally from a small town in New England, I started my career in tech PR in Cambridge, Massachusetts at The Weber Group (now Weber Shandwick), launching America Online as a consumer brand, and then held a stint in hospitality PR at The Ritz-Carlton, Boston.
Next, I hopped on a plane to Hollywood to follow my dream of working in film publicity where my first movie project was “The Blair Witch Project.” I started my own PR business at the age of 28.
As an award-winning publicist that has worked with unknown underdogs to Grammy and Oscar-winning clients, my counsel has been heeded by authors, billionaires, celebrities, entrepreneurs, experts, philanthropists, rockstars, small business owners and top brands.
I’m also a published contributing writer and travel writer, and I launched my own signature aromatherapy line that garnered a celebrity following and national media coverage.
A little known fact is that I also have over 500 hours of training in body and energy work. I use my intuitive gifts and universal spiritual principles to guide my clients into mainstream visibility.
Having established a reputation as a results-oriented professional with the highest integrity is my cornerstone. Representing hundreds of clients and securing major national and international editorial media attention for them is what makes all the hard work worthwhile.
Press that has featured me includes the New York Times, Los Angeles Times, PR Week, Variety, CSQ: C-Suite Quarterly, and KCET-TV’s “SoCal Connected.”
Heather Burgett at the historical 1920s Carousel on the Santa Monica Pier. Photo Credit: Felicia Lasala.
I also am proud to host my podcast, “The Shine Strategy,” which is available on Apple Podcasts, Spotify, Stitcher and Google Play.
I’m here to serve other entrepreneurs and creative spirits like you, to help you overcome obstacles in your business by teaching you how to execute your own stellar campaigns that up-level your online presence and impact a global audience.
We do all of this so that you can do what you love while serving the people who most need your gifts in the world.
It’s time to illuminate your story and establish your legacy!
- Three of my 4 grandparents served in WW2, and I’m a bit of a buff. My maternal grandmother had Top Secret clearance and my maternal grandfather was a B-17 pilot who, at age 24, dropped bombs on Hitler. My paternal grandfather served in the Navy and was in charge of the U.S.S. Biscayne daily newspaper and PR in the radio room, where he spent time with famed WW2 journalist Ernie Pyle.
- Both sets of my grandparents were married for over 60 years.
- In 11th grade, I spend a winter semester with a local family in the Dominican Republic. My internship while there was teaching young Dominican children (ages 5 – 8) how to read and write in Spanish. I was only 16, yet they called me “Professora.”
- I studied for a year in Seville, Spain in college—and then was hired by the US Consulate to stay and work for another 6 months at the Universal Exposition of ’92. I was the youngest of 60 bilingual guides for the US Pavilion out of 1,000 applicants.
- I’ve got a gypsy spirit and have traveled to 25 countries and counting—many of those have been solo trips!
- In Jamaica, I jumped off a 40-foot cliff into the ocean.
- I snorkeled with barracudas in Grand Cayman, by mistake!
- I played Division 1 Lacrosse for UMASS/Amherst.
- I met my favorite composer, the late Ennio Morricone two days before he was being awarded an honorary Oscar, and when I asked for him to sign my VHS copy of “Cinema Paradiso” (my fave movie!), I got black Sharpie all over his palm! I was wondering if he still had my Sharpie marks on his hand when he appeared onstage in front of millions!
- I did a 16-city media tour/road trip with the late Ed McMahon (also a retired Air Force Colonel) as his PR rep. We would meet in the hotel lobby at 5 am ON THE DOT to go in-studio at local radio and TV stations. He once yelled to me across a very crowded room for a packet of Equal for his coffee. (“Swimming with Sharks,” anyone?)
- The first celebrity I walked down a red carpet was Steven Spielberg!
- I once helped Madonna find her boyfriend (she had just started dating Guy Ritchie) at a Premiere party.
- I was Lindsay Lohan’s on-set massage therapist during “Herbie: Fully Loaded.” She called me her “healer,” and her mom/manager had me come in to the hospital when Lindsay collapsed from exhaustion.
- I created an all natural aromatherapy product line that was carried in stores from Honolulu to Manhattan.
- My first live speaking engagement was on a panel at an Irish Castle—instantly making me an international speaker!
- I speak fluent Spanish and a little Italian.
- I have a rescue dog named Huey and a Siberian cat named Jasper. They wrestle every morning. (#Hueythegreyhuahua and #Jasperthesiberiankitty on Instagram)