SECTION 1 – WHAT DO WE DO WITH YOUR INFORMATION?
The Burgett Group, Inc. (TBG) dba PR Stars is committed to protecting the information about you that we collect, store and use when you provide it to us on our website: https://prstars.net.
We respect your rights to privacy and are compliant with requirements in respect of the collection, management and disclosure of your personal information.
We also uphold your rights to privacy if you are based in the European Union, in accordance with the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) (EU). Your rights under the GDPR are listed below.
If you do not wish to provide personal information to us, then you do not have to do so. However, this may affect your use of this Site or any products and services offered on it.
When you purchase something from our website, as part of the buying and selling process, we collect the personal information you give us such as your name, address and email address.
When you browse our website, we also automatically receive your computer’s internet protocol (IP) address in order to provide us with information that helps us learn about your browser and operating system. We may use tracking software to review and improve your experience of our Site. In particular, we may use Facebook, click funnels, and Google Analytics Advertising products. Google Analytics collects data about our Site traffic via Google Advertising cookies and anonymous identifiers. Data collected via these Google products is not linked with any personally identifiable information you submit while on our Site. If you wish to opt out of the Google Analytics data collection, you may do so on Google’s Site at https://tools.google.com/dlpage/gaoptout/.
Email marketing (if applicable): With your permission, we may send you emails about our website, new products and other updates.
SECTION 2 – CONSENT
How do you get my consent?
When you provide us with personal information to complete a transaction, verify your credit card, place an order, arrange for a delivery or return a purchase, we imply that you consent to our collecting it and using it for that specific reason only.
If we ask for your personal information for a secondary reason, like marketing, we will either ask you directly for your expressed consent, or provide you with an opportunity to say no.
How do I withdraw my consent?
If after you opt-in, you change your mind, you may withdraw your consent for us to contact you, for the continued collection, use or disclosure of your information, at anytime, by contacting us at firstname.lastname@example.org or mailing us at: The Burgett Group, Inc. 2720 Neilson Way, PO Box 5261, SANTA MONICA, CA, 90405, United States
SECTION 3 – DISCLOSURE
We may disclose your personal information if we are required by law to do so or if you violate our Terms of Service.
SECTION 4 – PAYMENT
Our sales are processed via Stripe, which provides us with the online e-commerce platform that allows us to sell our products and services to you.
Your data is stored through Stripe’s data storage, databases and the general application. They store your data on a secure server behind a firewall.
If you choose a direct payment gateway to complete your purchase, then Stripe stores your credit card data. It is encrypted through the Payment Card Industry Data Security Standard (PCI-DSS). Your purchase transaction data is stored only as long as is necessary to complete your purchase transaction. After that is complete, your purchase transaction information is deleted.
All direct payment gateways adhere to the standards set by PCI-DSS as managed by the PCI Security Standards Council, which is a joint effort of brands like Visa, MasterCard, American Express and Discover.
PCI-DSS requirements help ensure the secure handling of credit card information by our store and its service providers.
For more insight, you may also want to read Stripe’s Terms of Service here or Privacy Statement here.
SECTION 5 – THIRD-PARTY SERVICES
In general, the third-party providers used by us will only collect, use and disclose your information to the extent necessary to allow them to perform the services they provide to us.
However, certain third-party service providers, such as payment gateways and other payment transaction processors, have their own privacy policies in respect to the information we are required to provide to them for your purchase-related transactions.
For these providers, we recommend that you read their privacy policies so you can understand the manner in which your personal information will be handled by these providers.
In particular, remember that certain providers may be located in or have facilities that are located in a different jurisdiction than either you or us. So if you elect to proceed with a transaction that involves the services of a third-party service provider, then your information may become subject to the laws of the jurisdiction(s) in which that service provider or its facilities are located.
As an example, if you are located in Canada and your transaction is processed by a payment gateway located in the United States, then your personal information used in completing that transaction may be subject to disclosure under United States legislation, including the Patriot Act.
When you click on links on our site, they may direct you away from our site. We are not responsible for the privacy practices of other sites and encourage you to read their privacy statements.
SECTION 6 – SECURITY
To protect your personal information, we take reasonable precautions and follow industry best practices to make sure it is not inappropriately lost, misused, accessed, disclosed, altered or destroyed.
If you provide us with your credit card information, the information is encrypted using secure socket layer technology (SSL) and stored with a AES-256 encryption. Although no method of transmission over the Internet or electronic storage is 100% secure, we follow all PCI-DSS requirements and implement additional generally accepted industry standards.
SECTION 7 – AGE OF CONSENT
By using this site, you represent that you are at least the age of majority in your state or province of residence, or that you are the age of majority in your state or province of residence and you have given us your consent to allow any of your minor dependents to use this site.
If our store is acquired or merged with another company, your information may be transferred to the new owners so that we may continue to sell products to you.
SECTION 9 – PERSONAL INFORMATION
TBG might collect the following personal information from you:
2. current mailing or residential address;
3. email address;
4. telephone number;
5. age or birth date; and
6. profession or occupation.
We collect personal information about you so that we can perform our business activities and functions and to provide best possible quality of customer service. We collect, hold, use and disclose your personal information for the following purposes:
1. to provide our services to you;
2. to send communications requested by you;
3. to answer enquiries and provide information or advice about existing and new services;
4. to provide you with access to protected areas of our website; and
5. to comply with any Law, rule, regulation, Lawful and binding determination, decision or direction of a regulator, or in co-operation with any governmental authority.
How do we collect your personal information?
We collect your personal information directly from you unless it is unreasonable or impracticable to do so. When collecting personal information from you, we may collect in ways including:
1. when you make an enquiry about our services;
2. through your access and use of our website, including when you register as a member of our website;
3. during conversations between you and our representatives;
4. when you ask to be placed on one of our subscription/mailing lists; or
5. when you become a client or customer of ours or otherwise use our products or services.
To whom will TBG disclose my personal information?
We may disclose your personal information to:
1. our employees, contractors or service providers for the purposes of operating our website or our business, fulfilling requests by you, and to otherwise provide services to you including, without limitation, web hosting providers, IT systems administrators, mailing houses, couriers, payment processors, data entry service providers, electronic network administrators, debt collectors, and professional advisors such as accountants, solicitors, business advisors and consultants;
2. suppliers and other third parties with whom we have commercial relationships, for business, marketing, and related purposes; and
3. any other organization for any authorized purpose with your express consent.
If there is a change of control of our business or a sale or transfer of business assets, we reserve the right to transfer to the extent permissible at Law our user databases, together with any personal information and non-personal information contained in those databases. This information may be disclosed to a potential purchaser. We would seek to only disclose information in good faith and where we have sought to maintain confidentiality.
If I am based in the EU, what are my legal rights under the GDPR?
If the General Data Protection Regulation applies to you because you are in the European Union, you have rights under data protection Laws in relation to your personal data:
1. The right to be informed – that’s an obligation on us to inform you how we use your personal data;
2. The right of access – that’s a right to make what’s known as a ‘data subject access request’ for copy of the personal data we hold about you;
3. The right to rectification – that’s a right to make us correct personal data about you that may be incomplete or inaccurate;
4. The right to erasure – that’s also known as the ‘right to be forgotten’ where in certain circumstances you can ask us to delete the personal data we have about you (unless there’s an overriding legal reason we need to keep it);
5. The right to restrict processing – that’s a right for you in certain circumstances to ask us to suspend processing personal data;
6. The right to data portability – that’s a right for you to ask us for a copy of your personal data in a common format (for example, a .csv file);
7. The right to object – that’s a right for you to object to us processing your personal data (for example, if you object to us processing your data for direct marketing); and
8. Rights in relation to automated decision making and profiling – that’s a right you have for us to be transparent about any profiling we do, or any automated decision making.
These rights are subject to certain rules around when you can exercise them. If you wish to exercise any of the rights set out above, please contact us at email@example.com.
How can you access and correct your personal information?
You may request access to any personal information we hold about you at any time by contacting us (see the details below). Where we hold information that you are entitled to access, we will try to provide you with suitable means of accessing it (for example, by mailing or emailing it to you). We may charge you a reasonable fee to cover our administrative and other reasonable costs in providing the information to you. We will not charge for simply making the request and will not charge for making any corrections to your personal information.
There may be instances where we cannot grant you access to the personal information we hold. For example, we may need to refuse access if granting access would interfere with the privacy of others or if it would result in a breach of confidentiality. If that happens, we will give you written reasons for any refusal.
If you believe that personal information we hold about you is incorrect, incomplete or inaccurate, then you may request us to amend it. We will consider if the information requires correction. If we do not agree that there are grounds for correction, then we will add a note to the personal information stating that you disagree with it.
SECTION 10 – GROUPS & FORUMS
If you participate in a discussion forum, chat room or webinar, you should be aware that the information you provide there will be made broadly available to others, potentially inside or outside TBG, who have access to that discussion forum or chat room. The individual forums and chat rooms may have additional rules and conditions. Each participant’s opinion on a forum or chat room is his or her own and should not be considered as reflecting the opinion of TBG.
Please be advised that for any forums or Webinars you attend, recordings can be enabled by a meeting or webinar host. By signing up for any of TBG’s (or any other host authorized by TBG) webinar services or otherwise using them in any way, including without limitation by attending any TBG meeting or webinar, you expressly acknowledge that we may make and store Recordings for meetings or webinars, and may make such recordings available to hosts and other Attendees at the direction of TBG. If you do not want to be recorded, you can choose to leave the meeting or webinar.
QUESTIONS AND CONTACT INFORMATION
If you would like to: access, correct, amend or delete any personal information we have about you, register a complaint, or simply want more information contact our Privacy Compliance Officer at firstname.lastname@example.org or by mail at The Burgett Group, Inc.
[Re: Privacy Compliance Officer]
[2720 Neilson Way, PO Box 5261, SANTA MONICA, CA, 90405, United States]
Last Updated: June 24, 2018